Friday, May 7, 2010

Collaborative Free Writing Thoughts

What I thought went well with this assignment was that everyone in our group was able to contribute to the story which made it more interesting. I thought that we own had our own ideas and sytles which I think made it great.
One thing I didn't like about the assignment though was that we weren't very clear on what we were supposed to do. We didn't know if we would each have to create our own individual story and try to combine them, or if we all just wrote one story together. We eventually decided to go with writing one story all together and we all took turns with it and were allowed to take the story wherever we wanted it to go. I think that this was a great idea because if we had all just written our own individual stories, it probably wouldn't have ended as creative as I think it was.
I also found Google Docs to be kind of tedious because of the fact that sometimes it felt like working and other times it didn't. I did like how we were all able to write the story at the same time and we could see what other people were writing exactly as they were writing it. We could then use the chat option to ask questions or make suggestions for what the other people were talking about.
I think that maybe we should do another assignment like this in the future but hopefully next time there would be more of an idea of what we're supposed to do and how we're supposed to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment